Monday, July 26, 2010

Inspiring activities... for gal's :)



All right, I admit: I took 1/2 of the morning off to pursue something creative. In the last weeks I had been on a bit of a crazy schedule (but more about that later in that post as it actually forms an excellent transition between the last one and the reason I'm posting this).

So! I took some time to do THIS: Seasonal Colour Analysis. I did it on this website:


The Chic Fashionista



It's great fun! The next thing was assessing my body-shape and then my basic style. The simple joys are often the greatest joys in life.

My major issue has always been establishing my colour palette - each season, be it spring, summer, autumn or winter, divide into 3 more types. It seems to be light spring which seems to be fitting with my type (the soft autumn looks good too though). Now this is exciting because.... ***warning, now the following is really more for girls than for boys***.... I said I was on a crazy schedule earlier in the month, right? Right. I meant mainly the week of shooting 'Gossip Girl' in Paris earlier in the month. Mind you, I only found out a week after having passed the casting what it was for.

''Gossip Girl'? Oh, is that that American TV series? I think I've heard about it somewhere!'

Yeah, it was only when the fans and paparazzis started coming in higher and higher volumes with every day of the filming that made me kind of realise that not knowing what this series was made me part of a minority.

Anyways, even though I still don't know what the rest of the story is, I know pretty much every detail of episode 401 and 402. And here comes the important part: Blake Lively is a light spring, too! So that makes it easy, I just need to watch closely what colours Eric makes her wear and Bob's your uncle.

Some of his choices for the Parisian episodes were very inspiring. I'd never think of wearing anything bright green but that one dress... Thin, classy stripes are great, too!


























Neither would I ever consider wearing peach or even electric blue trousers...! However, the one that I found the most inspiring was the red/orange gown that Leighton was wearing on two occasions:















The photo doesn't give it justice, it was the 'in-between colours' bit that caught my eye. Sigh.

All in all, this entry was dedicated to stylist Eric Daman as I wanted to thank him for having given me a moment of inspiration. You can actually get a book on his styling tips so that's great! I found this interview: http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2010/01/gossip-girl-stylist-eric-daman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment