Monday, July 26, 2010

One-of-a-kind vs 'The Crowd'


The trade of my job is that I meet people. Used to be a loner ever since I'm born - hah! Oh irony.

Luckily, some 2 or 3 years ago, I actually found some interest in character studies on human creatures. I also learned that it's one thing to observe... and another to judge. (hear, hear!) See, when you judge someone it's as if you viewed someone through... oh I don't know... some kind of weirdly distorted window you put yourself in front. Whereas when you only OBSERVE there is nothing inbetween. You can always go but at least you have a clear view.

So anyways. People and character studies. I know a few people whose mere presence makes me D R E A M, who inspire me, teach me, who bring me into higher stratas of existence!! One of them is Jack Servoz, tutor, muse and friend (the dancer on the top left in this entry)

I love his painting of Iggy Pop:


















This is one of a series of paintings exposed in Place des Vosges, Paris:












And then there is the exact opposite, those people who make you feel uncomfortable, tired and they just have something uber-slimy about them. Then you have the type that.. just is. And that's all. He lives his sad little life and fine - that's his right. BUT WOULD YOU DO THAT?? I mean it's not like you don't have a choice. You always have a choice. Like someone dear to me said yesterday:'you could even stop breathing if you decided to'. Not like I was going to do that but it's true that 'I had no choice' is in most cases a lame excuse. And it just means you didn't look enough for other solutions.

Now, I went a bit off the subject.

I was actually inspired by the note 'A good muse is hard to find' on www.tylershields.com To read the full article go here: http://www.tylershields.com/2010/02/25/a-good-muse-is-hard-to-find/

And even if I hadn't found that particular entry there's loads more to get excited about. Like this one, with it's note at the bottom:


"Never let someone tell you that you cant do something because they will until you do it!"

or this one!

"If you leave the knife in my back longer then 24 hours I am keeping it!" - cheeky b...




Hope to see you in Paris soon, Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment