Monday, July 26, 2010

Perrrforrming Drrracula.................... Philip Glass and the Kronos Quartet in Lyon

Last week or so I got touched by this performance:


Dracula
envoyé par NuitsdeFourviere. - Regardez la dernière sélection musicale.

Already the venue was gave me goosepimples as it was in an ancient Roman theatre! Ha! I love open space performances when the weather is as beauiful as it was that night.

During the showing/conert I closed my eyes several times just to hear the music better and not get 'sucked' into the film. What I loved listening to was the music in combination with some spoken parts of the actors. In old films the sound gets distorted in that characteristic way. And even when the music stopped at some points so that the actor could utter his phrase - these solemn reminders of long-gone times got me nostalgic.

Looking at the female outfits in 'Dracula' - gee, those guys knew how to dress a woman!

























Ahh... I wonder what they'd say if they saw what was going to happen to fashion 80 years later?

Before the concert we went for dinner with Jeff - that was fun. I love trying different desserts :]] He said to check out his video which I did. I wish to hear more of his projects; this one got me inspired:

No comments:

Post a Comment